Wednesday 20 February 2013

New Research and Ideas

I have recently been researching into more different types of cakes and sweets but have also started researching into other things that relate to my theme and the collections that I want to create. I have been looking more into houses and buildings to add to my candy fantasy lands. I’ve particularly looked at buildings within German and Russian towns. From the images that I have collected I will create studies of my own by drawing and painting from them. I also been looking more at ginger bread houses and have even got images of my own of a ginger bread house first hand.  I’ve collected these images by using the internet site Pinterest. I found making an account on Pintersest helped me researching a lot better images quicker than before.
 I have also been looking more into tin toys and in particularly transport for example toy cars, trains and rockets that can help me make a more boy collection to add with the others. I have also found that some of my designs would really work well as a collection for kitchen  so am thinking about what sort of things I could make for example oven gloves and cooking aprons but also maybe ceramics like cups and plates.
From this research I have also made up some colour pallets that work with my ideas and theme. With these colours and the images I have researched and collected I have been painting and drawing motifs and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment